Eric's Remac Ink Blog

Thanks for taking time to visit my weekly blog. Every Thursday I post what I hope is a thought provoking article that I hope will add value to your personal life as well as your business life. I hope that you will like it enough to like, comment and share with many of your friends and colleagues.

Friday, April 5, 2013

April Fools

Wow!  Here we are already.  I hate to alarm you but 2013 is already 1/3 of the way over.  I hope you're still not getting over you Holiday hangover or thinking about pulling out your New Year's resolutions to take a look at them for the first time since, oh about January 5th.  Welcome to April and welcome to the fast paced world of business that moves even quicker than the weeks and months on a calendar. 

It's a recurring theme but I continue to be amazed at how quickly and drastically my business is changing each and every year and honestly every month.  I had a planning session with the key leaders of our company at the beginning of January and several of the objectives we outlined to work on this year have already been changed due to a change in our market or our customers.  I cannot imagine the same is not true for all of you. 

If you're not sure then I suggest you do as I am attempting to do and break away from the daily grind of your desk or your office and get out in to the market and see what's going on with your customers and with their customers.  I bet you will be surprised by at least a few things you didn't realize.  I also bet you'll come away with some insights in to how to make your products or services better.  Personally I'd rather spend all day in the field doing market research than I had running from meeting to meeting within my office making plans for things that may change before I get them implemented.  Don't think things are changing that fast?  Then I suggest you need a new pair of shoes (feel free to order them from me) so you can run faster. 

Ahead of the curve is the new normal if you want to be successful in this fast changing world.  Last year's can't miss is this year's can't figure it out.  What's next?  I don't know but I am guessing you're not going to figure it out by working longer hours and scheduling more meetings.  You can't feel a heartbeat if you don't have your finger on the pulse.  I don't know what that means for you specifically but I certainly would recommend you find out - soon. 

I love spring - my favorite time of the year.  Lots of new beginnings, new opportunities and fresh approaches.  Now is a great time to take advantage of the ones you have.  Maybe April showers will bring May flowers but I really hope this month won't turn you in to an April fool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment