Eric's Remac Ink Blog

Thanks for taking time to visit my weekly blog. Every Thursday I post what I hope is a thought provoking article that I hope will add value to your personal life as well as your business life. I hope that you will like it enough to like, comment and share with many of your friends and colleagues.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

True Value

No, I'm not talking about the Hardware Chain.  I am talking about YOUR business.  More than just mine and yours I am also referring to your suppliers - the people you do business with to help you meet your customer's needs.  Of course I am ultimately talking about your customers as well. 

Here is my question for all of us: is what we are doing all day every day creating VALUE for our stakeholders and customers?  How about what you're working on right now?  You see whether you are the President of the Company or one of the many behind the scenes people who feel you don't get noticed nearly enough everything you do should create value.  It certainly will determine the amount of success the company you run or work in will enjoy in the future. 

Let's face it folks, technology has not simplified our lives.  It has made it go 1,000 times faster.  Just trying to keep up with the latest news, the latest technology and the latest developments in our industry is enough to send us into a panic.  And it's all happening in real time.  What most of us really need is some "white space" in our days to be able to sit back reflect on the past and plan for the future.  While keeping ourselves sane in the present!

Why does this matter and what does it have to do with value?  Everything!  The only way to get noticed and be relevant in today's terabyte, light speed world is to do something to simplify your customer's lives while giving them something they value - and get this - will gladly pay more for.  Look around at how many companies and even industries have been created in the last decade.  Why?  I'll save that discussion for next week!

I want to invite you to share what it is that you value most in a business partner, company you do business with or supplier?  Think clearly about what it is they do or how they do it that would make it impossible for another company to come in and take their place.  Now, isn't that how we all wish all of our customers felt about us?  More on that next week...

I want to have a little fun with this and incorporate some of your answers in to next week's and subsequent week's blogs.  To encourage your thoughtful feedback I will select the Top 5 Answers I receive by 12:00 p.m. Central Time Monday, June 6th and send a special little gift that could pay you back in more ways than one!  Who knows, your great idea might pay off big time!!
Feel free to send your answers via my Twitter account (@JReneeEric), reply to my blog (http://www.remacink.blogspot.com/), reply to the post on my Linkedin page or e-mail, erich@ remacinc.com. 

Each week I hope to provide you with some insight that will resonate with your business and will add VALUE to all of your business and personal inter workings.  I hope this will encourage you to share, like, retweet, post and comment so that more of your contacts, customers and stakeholders might benefit as well.
To yOUR Success,
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment